The repository of the University of Silesia RE-BUŚ is an open full-text database containing publications of employees, doctoral students and students of the University of Silesia. The RE-BUŚ repository was created in order to promote scientific achievements as well as to support the didactic process. The materials placed in RE-BUŚ are organized in collections, which gather publications and unpublished materials by employees and students from individual units of the University.
The repository gathers:
- doctoral theses/dissertations (in accordance with the Ordinance No. 31/2014 from 13th of March 2014 of the Rector of the University of Silesia on establishing a repository of doctoral theses admitted to public defense at the University of Silesia and determining the mode and conditions of their collection and making them available by the Library of the University of Silesia and faculty libraries),
- scientific articles,
- books/chapters from books,
- scientific theses,
- students scientific papers (Ordinance No. 150/2017 from 12th of October 2017 of the Rector of the University of Silesia on the introduction of a model agreement on the use of the work created by student during his studies and internships and a model agreement on the use of diploma thesis),
- teaching materials,
- conference materials,
- unpublished materials.
RE-BUŚ operates on the basis of Ordinance No. 21/2018 from 19th of February 2018 of the Rector of the University of Silesia in Katowice (RE-BUŚ).
In the repository there are 2 kinds of deposited resources :
1) direct (self-deposited) - by the author of materials
2) indirect - by editor of the Repository
The creation of the UŚ Repository was co-financed by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Agreement No. 645/P-DUN/2017).
The extension of the UŚ Repository will be possible thanks to the funding obtained from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Agreement No. 770/P-DUN/2019).