Registration and Borrowing
- For employees of the Universities - employee electronic card (the UE) or electronic Printoscope card (the US),
- For students - electronic student ID card,
- For other readers - electronic library card issued by the registration.
A term to register in the Library, is a properly completed and signed reader declaration, ID card and:
- For employees of the US and the EU: proof of employment or a valid employee ID card, for the retired employees of US and the UE - certificate from the home University confirming retirement;
- For undergraduate and graduate students of the US and the EU: if the home institution issues traditional indexes - student/PhD student ID card and the index of the current admission to a next semester, if the home institution does not issue the traditional index - valid student/ PhD student ID card;
- For readers mentioned in § 2 point 3 the first sentence: an index or a student card with the current admission to semester, including his alma mater library stamp (if the school issues traditional indexes) and student/PhD student ID card;
- For postgraduate students of the US and the UE: a student card or certificate of participation;
- For other persons: confirmation of introducing library deposit.
- The formalities relating to the registration of the document must be made in person.
Readers can register online: completing and sending the "Registration of new readers" form (designed for people who have never borrowed books in network of the US and UE libraries, or go to the next study level. Others readers should activate their card/student ID card in an appropriate library):
- in the “document number” readers should enter their Social Security number (PESEL);
- after completing and submitting the form, the system displays a number (ID) that can be used as a login to a library account;
- attention! newly created account will be blocked until the reader authenticates his personal data - within 14 days from sending the form, he should report in person to the library with an appropriate document;
- staff and students of the US and the UE holding, respectively, an electronic employee or student ID card, activate it at the circulation desk as a library card;
- other readers will receive a card at the circulation desk.
Silesian University of Technology (from 11/04/2013), Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice (from 11/06/2013), Medical University of Silesia (from 27/06/2013), University of Physical Education in Katowice (from 05/11/2015).
- students of above-mentioned universities who want to use CINIBA services have to have a student card and an index with stamp of the University's Main Library;
- if the university does not issue traditional indexes, registration in CINiBA is made based on a written confirmation of student's registration in database of the University's Main Library
- students of the University of Silesia who want to register in the Main Library of the Silesian University of Technology, the Library of the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, the Library of the Medical University of Silesia or the Library of the University of Physical Education in Katowice, have to have an index with stamp of CINIBA and a student card;
- students of the University of Economics who want to register in the above-mentioned libraries have to have a special certificate issued by the Lending Desk in CINIBA and a student card;
- students, doctoral students and postgraduate students of other universities (on the basis of signed tripartite agreements with the University of Silesia and University of Economics) can borrow 5 volumes for 8 weeks.
- employees and retired employees of the US and the UE;
- students of 1st grade and 2nd grade studies, 5-years master degree studies, PhD students at the US and the UE and post-graduate students of these Universities.
- on the basis of reciprocity: the students of 1st and 2nd grade studies, 5-years master degree studies, PhD students and post-graduate students at universities that have signed appropriate trilateral agreements with the US and the UE.
The employees of these institutions have the right to borrow books through interlibrary loan service or on the basis of a deposit account in the Library.
- university teachers of other universities, managers of the companies and non-governmental organizations, local government employees and any other persons who are at least at age of 18 – on the basis of a deposit account.
On each level of the CINiBA building there are self-borrowing devices, so readers can by themselves:
- borrow books from a free-access,
- check the status of their account.
Make sure if on the spine of the volume there is no red dot (such books cannot be borrowed) and check if your card was activated at the circulation desk on Level 0.
- insert the card
- put on the desk no more than three books,
- select "borrow" and check if all the books were registered on your account,
- remove the card.
In the case of failure or doubt, please ask the librarian on duty.
Politechnika Śląska (od 11.04.2013 r.), ASP w Katowicach (od 11.06.2013 r.), Śląski Uniwersytet Medyczny (od 27.06.2013 r.), AWF w Katowicach (od 05.11.2015 r.).
- studenci Politechniki Śląskiej, ASP w Katowicach, Śląskiego Uniwersytetu Medycznego i AWF w Katowicach, którzy chcą się zapisać w Centrum, muszą mieć indeks z pieczątką swojej Biblioteki Głównej oraz legitymację studencką;
- jeżeli uczelnia nie wydaje indeksów tradycyjnych, zapisu do CINiBA dokonuje się na podstawie pisemnego potwierdzenia rejestracji czytelnika w bazie macierzystej biblioteki;
- studenci Uniwersytetu Śląskiego, którzy chcą się zapisać w Bibliotece Głównej Politechniki Śląskiej, Bibliotece ASP w Katowicach, Bibliotece Śląskiego Uniwersytetu Medycznego lub w Bibliotece AWF w Katowicach, muszą mieć indeks z pieczątką Centrum oraz legitymację studencką;
- studenci Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego, którzy chcą się zapisać w wyżej wymienionych bibliotekach, muszą mieć specjalne zaświadczenie wydane przez Wypożyczalnię Centrum oraz legitymację studencką;
- Studenci, doktoranci, słuchacze studiów podyplomowych innych szkół wyższych (na podstawie podpisanych umów trójstronnych z UŚ i UE) mogą wypożyczyć 5 woluminów na 8 tygodni.
Interlibrary loan imports from other Polish and foreign libraries books, magazines, articles copies and other materials, which are not in the collections of the US or the UE library, or any other library in Katowice.
The Interlibrary loan can be used by:
- staff and retired employees of the US and the UE,
- students of the US and the UE writing theses and in justified cases, other students with the written support of a tutor,
- PhD students and post-graduate students of the US and the EU,
- other PhD students affiliated with the university supervisor or persons having PhD programme in the US and the EU (such readers are required to create a deposit account in CINiBA).
Libraries are responsible for all imported materials, therefore the materials can be used only within CINiBA premises and with obedience of the return date set by the lending library (except for photocopies). An application for any extension of the return date the reader should issue to the interlibrary loan before it expires.
The book can be self-renewed by a reader if:
- the date of the return has not expired for any of the books borrowed,
- no copy of that particular edition has been reserved by another reader,
- the book has not been renewed at the circulation desk,
- book has not been previously renewed 3 times.
Caution! Each book can be renewed up to 3 times. Therefore, in order to maximise the rental period it is the best to prolong the book immediately before the due date.
To self-renew a book, a reader should:
- Log into a library account, the icon is in the top bar of the catalogue windows
- Click the “renewable items” bookmark (in this case you have to wait, because the data may download slowly), a list of books that can be renewed is shown,
- Click the “renew” button by the book we want to extend the rental period - the system asks for confirmation
- If we click the “YES” button, description of the book appears – with a new date of the return indicating that the renewal is successful.
Cancellation of the account can be done after satisfaction of liabilities in respect of all the libraries in the integrated library-information system. The basis of cancellation of the account is:
- In the case of employees – circulation card;
- In the case of students and PhD students - index with a confirmation of books return from libraries, which stamps appear in it (if the university issues traditional indexes) and circulation card issued by the Dean's Office;
- In the case of postgraduate students - the student card confirming the return of books from libraries, which stamps appear in it or an identity document;
- In the case of readers with a deposit account - identity card and confirmation of introducing the deposit. No interest rate applies to deposits.