Digital copy service
CINiBA offers a service of sending digital copies to users by reader accounts. The price of electronic ordering and downloading of material digital copies from library collections is reduced to PLN 0,1. The service is available to readers with active library account. It is possibile to order items marked in online library catalog only with ‘Order a copy' button.
Providing readers with digital copies of the library materials in the "Library without barriers"
Library of the University of Silesia offers a service of delivering digital copies of the library materials to students of the University of Silesia. We scan, at the request, inter alia, articles from journals and selected chapters from books – for personal use. In order to obtain digital copies of materials collected by the library, please contact the Office of Disability Affairs at the University of Silesia.
The address of the Office of Disability Affairs is: Bankowa 14 St., room no. 509, 40-007, Katowice
phone: (0-32) 359 1998
opening hours: Monday to Friday from 07:30 am to 3:30 pm.
The Library realises a paid service of scanning and digital photographs from its collections on demand:
- the service applies only to materials held by the Library or imported by inter-library loan,
- a completed order form (download below) should be submitted at the Reference Desk on Level 0,
- fee should be paid at the Circulation desk on Level 0,
- for larger orders Library reserves the right to charge a 10% advance of the total order fee.
Photographing collections in CINiBA
In the Centre there is a possibility of photographing Library collections with a reader’s own camera. In the case of the collections stored in the Reading Room and ordered from closed storehouses, the librarian on duty gives permission to take photographs.
There are four self-scanners prepared for readers in CINiBA. They are located on Level 1 and 2 of the building:
- On Level 1 the scanner located requires connecting a flash memory or other removable memory (USB). That scanner is not plugged to the Internet!
- On Levels 0 and 2 situated scanners are connected to network, therefore files can be sent by mail.
Photocopying and printouts
Do dyspozycji czytelników w gmachu CINiBA pozostają 3 samoobsługowe wielofunkcyjne urządzenia umożliwiające kserowanie, drukowanie, skanowanie (czarno-białe i kolorowe) i rozpoznawanie tekstów technologią OCR. Maszyny znajdują się na wszystkich poziomach.